SNS Nails...Yes or No?
Posted by Naturalista Daily on
Am I the only one who feels like I have my life together when my nails are done? I didn't think so. Girls LOVE nails. Acrylics, gels, and nail polish! For us Naturalistas though, it's a bit tricky. Acrylics aren't healthy for the nails. Neither are gel nails and most nail polishes are made of ingredients that are known to be harmful. That's why when I heard about SNS Nails, I knew I MUST try it out. SNS stands for Signature Nail System. It is supposed to be a natural and healthy alternative to acrylic nails. Basically the way it works is:
- A clear top coat is applied to your nails followed by a colored powder that your nail is dipped into.
- Your nails are polished with a top coat again and dipped in the colored powder.
- That is repeated an additional time. ( A total of 3 times.)
- Your nails are filed and evened out with a gel coat that seals it.
SNS Nails are supposed to last at least 2 weeks, but mine only lasted one week before starting to chip. :(
The cool thing about SNS nails is that they only take about 2 minutes to dry with NO UV LIGHT.
The bad thing about SNS Nails is that once removed your nails are weaker (similar to when you remove acrylic). Well, at least mine were. I have always had long and strong natural nails, but after I had SNS removed, they were constantly breaking and peeling. One of my nails even cracked after my Husband threw a SOFT pillow at my hand. SMH.
So...SNS Nails is a NO for us here at Naturalista Daily. We haven't fully researched all of the ingredients of the SNS nails, but we encourage you to do your research prior to using any product. Also keep in mind that any enhancement besides nail polish (preferably vegan, organic, and cruelty free) will cause some damage to your natural nails.
Have any of you tried SNS Nails? Let us know your thoughts!
Share this post
- Tags: beauty, glam, nail enhancements, nails, natural, natural nails, sns, sns nails